Wednesday, November 13, 2013

The Sound of Music

As many of my friends know, I  LOVE music. Like love all kinds of music. That's why Spotify is so heavenly for me. In two months, I created Forty Two playlists, with a grand total of  Five-Hundred and Eight songs. Spotify is like an Pinterest for me. Among these Are so many difference types of songs that I am starting to need some type of organizer. I have classical (Composers, Piano guys, and countless film scores,)
Country(mostly Johnny Cash,) Classic Rock, (Neil diamond) and some Dub Step and Pop, and other kinds of music. I also Listen to lots of Oldies. A friend, hearing that I listen to a lot of oldies asked; "so, you listen to Elvis and the Beatles?"  In shock I said "No!" Don't get me wrong, these two guy are okay, but there are better people out there. Herman's Hermits, Billy Joel, Neil Diamond, and the best EVER, Simon and Garfunkel are some. Yep these guy are the best. But what I dig the most are songs that are like acoustic music,(Simon and Garfunkel) film scores, (Rocketeer, Newsies) and intense classical pieces. (like the theme from Halo, and another theme from halo called Havoc)

My choir director said: "that the power of music can influence people like nothing else."  And it can. the kind of music you listen on your Ipod or Radio can influence your personality and effect how you feel. And I know that listening to music can change how you think, but playing music yourself can change it even more.

(I have never played Halo before, but I heard this song and loved it)


So what i am trying to say is, that, music is a VERY powerful yet unrecognized (most of the time) thing.
so the next time you turn something on think about how this music could change your day.

Dallin

No comments:

Post a Comment