Saturday, June 1, 2013

Basses....

Today I am going to tell you about Basses, how and why I play the Bass, and my three Basses that I have played on.

Ok, the Basses originated from southern Europe,  from the Guitar and instruments like it. Of course, the Bass has evolved just like every instrument, just like the Violin, Viola, and Cello. (which not  related to the Bass and came from northern Europe)  The Bass is normally used in harmonies  adding to the melody. the bass did not come very popular till the 1800's, what music historians call the romantic time period.  It played in small groups that had a Bass, Guitar, and several other instruments. IT's fame dwindled till about the 1930's, when big band and jazz appeared.  It was very famous. then it fade when that type of music disappeared. then the electric Bass (like the electric Guitar) came and the two were mixed up in fame.

Cool fact: the Bass has the same note from three interments.  The highest on from the Violin, The next from the Viola,and the lower-middle from the Cello.

I started playing the Bass when I was ten years old. I have been taught by a wonderful teacher, Antony.
I started playing the Bass because earlier I had been Playing the Violin but hated it (no offence, Violin players,) and switched to Bass.

Cool fact about me: I have been playing the piano since age six.

My first Bass was an 1/16th size, four feet tall, had a little rubber ball on the endpin, and liked to squeak.
My second Bass was An 1/4 size and four and a half feet tall. this had so many memories with it. It was played my first shakespeare play, It was the same bass that MY teacher had started on and loved to torment you because It was so old It was nearly impossible to tune. My third Bass I got to day. It is a half-size and is about five feet tall.I have yet to discover Its secrets.

Cool fact: my second Bass had been used in a public school ten years before my teacher was even born.

See you till next post!
               my third Bass

2 comments:

  1. You got a new bass?! Even I'M attached to your second, now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. me too..... :( but correction my new bass is five-foot seven and add ive inches to the other Basses sizes.

    ReplyDelete