Friday, May 31, 2013

Recent Mishaps

stories:  #1 I was at home alone with my little sister who is nine almost ten. I was on google plus, writing on my book that i was working on.  I had been collecting old glass bottles for various reasons.
 My little sis comes stopping down the stairs without saying anything. I look up from the laptop
(the one I am using right now,) and she walks into the room where I am. With only an angry mother could
give she says;  "Dallin, you've been sneaking whisky Dallin!"  A moment's pause and then I am roaring with laughter. her face is confused and she asks:  "what?" I tell her that those are the fancy root beer and cream soda bottles. After a good laugh together she hasn't accused me of anything since then.

Story #3
We were coming home from Yuba Lake(I know right it is a weird  name, right?   :)  and our old motorhome That is older that my thirty year old dad was breaking down. Popping sounds were coming out of of the engine and it was stalling. We pulled of the freeway onto university parkway in provo and attempted to make our way down though there. Then the engine completely cut off and we were low on fuel. My dad  got out to try and fix it. My siblings and our mom gathered around the table. We said a prayer and asked if Heavenly Father could send us some help. Fifteen minutes passed and tons of cars passed us. We said the prayer again and twenty seconds later a guy pulled up to see if we were all right. He gave us a gas can and drove away. We were prompted to pour the gas in. We did. The motorhome started right up and we headed for home. Later we discovered that some water had gotten into some of the gas in the tank. The man's gas had made the gas just right enough for the engine to use. We forgot to ask the man's name, but I knew he was sent from Heavenly father.

1 comment: